IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatments use pulses of visible light to dramatically reduce facial redness and flushing (such as rosacea), as well as reduce the visible signs of sun damage and aging, such as age spots. IPL treatments also smooth skin and reduce fine wrinkling, freckling and irregular pigmentation.
The best candidates for Intense Pulse Light treatments are:
- People who suffer from rosacea and experience flushing and redness of their skin
- People with early aging changes and sun damage who desire healthier, more youthful appearing skin
- People who don’t want to take the time off to heal from laser resurfacing or chemical peels
- Active people who want to improve their skin but do not want to interfere with social or outdoor activities.
The benefits of IPL treatments include:
- Visible improvement with no downtime
- Minimal to no discomfort
- Minimal risk
Treatments can be used on any part of the skin but are especially effective on the face, neck and chest.
How can Intense Pulse Light help my rosacea?
Rosacea treatments reduce the overall redness, flushing and dilated capillaries and improve the breakouts of this chronic facial condition. Many people with rosacea see an improvement in breakouts and are able to decrease or discontinue their medications.
What are IPL treatments like?
Each treatment takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes. A mild amount of discomfort can be expected. People with more sensitive skin may prefer to use a topical anesthetic cream, used 30 to 60 minutes before treatment. There is almost no discomfort after treatments. Five treatments are performed for optimal results.
Immediately following a treatment, the skin may appear red and flushed and tiny capillaries may appear more visible. Brown spots generally appear darker – all of these changes gradually fade over a period of hours to a few days. Improvements are gradual and will become more visible after each treatment.
Schedule your free consultation with Dr. Brenza in her South New Jersey office today!